COMFORT GLUTEN FREE TUNA CASSEROLE
- 2 tbsp. butter or ghee (or coconut oil for vegan)
- 1 large yellow diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp. arrowroot powder
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- pinch cayenne
- 1 cups greens (I used kale)
- 2 4oz. cans wild caught tuna
- 2 cups cooked chickpea pasta
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Heat a large heavy bottom pan, over medium heat and melt butter. Add onion and celery cook until beginning to soften, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic,and cook for 30 seconds.
- Sprikle in arrowroot and slowly whisk in almond milk to avoid lumps
- Add dijon, salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne
- Add kale and whisk together until kale is soft.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1//4 of nutritional yeast. Then add in tuna, al dente cooked pasta frozen peas and mix to fully combine.
- Pour into an oven safe dish (if not using one already) and top 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast and bake for 15-20 minutes.